Call for Nonprofit and Artist-Run Galleries
The Call for Nonprofit and Artist-Run Galleries will open on December 1st.
Toronto Outdoor Art Fair invites visual arts and fine craft collectives, nonprofit galleries and artist-run centres from across Canada to submit proposals to exhibit and sell the works of their artist members. Showcase and promote your mission and reach out to a new audience of 150,000+ visitors in a limited number of community booths alongside over 300+ individual artists during the 62nd Fair this July 2023.
Who can apply?
- Artist Collectives
- Artist-Run Centres and Galleries
- Visual Arts Nonprofits
- Visual Arts Guilds and Groups
Many organizations and art collectives have taken advantage of this opportunity to showcase their membership and promote their mission including La Guilde, Amazing Moss Park Art Collective, Propeller Centre for the Arts, Toronto Potters, Scarborough Arts, Tangled Arts + Disability, F8 Photography Collective and Creative Works Studio.
What do we offer?
With a dedicated online programming team, we make sure to keep eye on your profile year-round! This is how:
- Getting your work in front of 100K website visitors
- Curator Invitations to our wildly-popular digital programming: Curated Collections, Studio Tours, Artist Chats and blogs
- Opportunity to be featured in the PR campaign
- Social media promotion to TOAF audiences that increases your followers!
2022 participating artists had an average of 14% growth in their social media followers after the Fair.
A far-reaching marketing campaign
Benefit from our multi-platform local and national marketing and promotions ($150K value) including:
- Print and digital advertising (BlogTO, CBC Arts, Globe & Mail, transit, wild postings and radio stations)
- Publicity & earned media coverage (TV, radio, magazine interviews & features)
- Social media & newsletter campaigns with 41K reach
- Posters, postcards, fair guides and promotional materials
- Community partnerships with 3.7 million reach
Onsite & online support
- 150 amazing volunteers for onsite artist relief
- Onsite Art Storage (limited)
- Online portfolio support
- Feedback Fridays: 1-on-1 consultations during Call for Artists
- App Camp workshop with the mock jury to prepare artists for successful applications
- Booth Camp workshop to plan for logistics of showing at an outdoor fair
- Artist Handbook and Fair Survival Guide
- Learn more about how to get application support.
How much does it cost?
There is no application fee for Community Booths.
Onsite Booth & Online Fair*
10x10' Booth: $1,750
10x20' Booth: $3,000
Online Fair ONLY
- A dedicated booth space in our Community Booth Zone at Nathan Phillips Square
- Equipment Rental for 3 days (Tent, walls, chairs, table and hanging grids)
- Logo recognition in our Community Program
- Location highlighted in on-site program
- All participation fees for in-person Fair at Nathan Phillips Square include online platform fee.
- Listing of 25 artworks for sale/view on TOAF’s proven trusted discovery platform during the 8-Day Online Fair**
- One-year organization profile on TOAF’s dynamic and high-traffic website (100,000 unique website visitors + 1 million annual page views)
- Impressive $100K marketing campaign, resulting in 102.6 Million earned and paid media impressions
- Showcase opportunities and inclusion in artists highlights, curated collections, digital ads and more
**10% - 15% of online artwork sales will go towards TOAF administration and payment processing costs. Artworks sales are active until March.
Participation and booth fees are collected upon acceptance in March. For more information and a detailed budget breakdown review What Does it Cost?
What to submit?
Submit all materials as a single PDF to [email protected] by March 7, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
Proposals must include:
- Mission and mandate of your organization/group (max. 300 words)
- Statement of Intent/Curatorial Vision: How this opportunity is a fit for your organization, how it will advance your mandate or benefit your members (max. 750 words)
- A booth image/visual representation of your proposed installation at the Fair (If applying for in-person)
- Full names, website URLs and one image for each artist who intends to participate in your booth (6-11 artists)*. Ensure each image is captioned with dimensions, medium and name of the artist
- Contact information for the organization’s representative
*You can only put forward names of artist members who do not plan to apply as individual artists for the 62nd Toronto Outdoor Art Fair in 2023.
"Toronto Potters, both as an organization, and as a group of individuals, gained much from the experience as a Community Booth participating in TOAF Online. TOAF eased us into a new online experience, helping both in setting up our page and in publicizing the event. TOAF turned on a dime to respond to a community need and built a suite of programs to showcase and promote their arts event to its wide audience of supporters… Toronto Potters has found TOAF a successful promotional platform to introduce benefits of membership to both students and newcomers because of its wide following."
- Susan Card, Toronto Potters Member