Toronto Outdoor Art Fair invites visual arts and fine craft collectives, nonprofit galleries and artist-run centres from across Canada to submit proposals to exhibit and sell the works of their artist members. Showcase and promote your mission and reach out to a new audience of 130,000+ visitors in a limited number of community booths alongside over 300+ individual artists during the 61st Anniversary of the Fair this July 2022.
Who can apply?
- Artist Collectives
- Artist-Run Centres and Galleries
- Visual Arts Nonprofits
- Visual Arts Guilds and Groups
Many organizations and art collectives have taken advantage of this opportunity to showcase their membership and promote their mission including La Guilde, Amazing Moss Park Art Collective, Propeller Centre for the Arts, Toronto Potters, Scarborough Arts, Tangled Arts + Disability, F8 Photography Collective and Creative Works Studio.
What does TOAF offer?
A trusted artist discovery platform
With 130,000 annual visitors to the Fair at Nathan Phillips Square, 60,000 website visitors, and 1.1 million annual page views, TOAF’s loyal community of art lovers continues to grow. Artists are able to benefit from sustained global discovery by the public, curators, designers, galleries and organizations through TOAF’s in-person and online showcase.
Within 2 years of launching TOAF.ca, we’ve cultivated an international network of art buyers and facilitated online sales of 1,200+ artworks throughout Canada, the US, and as far as Asia.
Launch and sustain your art career with TOAF’s opportunity platform
TOAF has built a 60-year legacy of launching careers - don’t miss your chance to be a part of it. As Canada’s best-attended juried art fair, we have a loyal community of art lovers that come back year after year to discover high-quality artworks and connect directly with artists. TOAF is proud to have hosted many renowned Canadian artists, such as Edward Burtynsky, Barbara Astman, Joanne Tod and many more.
A far-reaching & impactful marketing campaign
Benefit from our multi-platform national marketing and promotions:
- Print and paid digital advertising including BlogTO, CBC Arts, Globe & Mail, Designlines, TTC subway ads, Grassroots outdoor postering across the city, and local radio stations
- Publicity & earned media coverage (TV, radio, magazine interviews & features)
- Social media & newsletter campaigns with 36,000+ reach
- Posters, postcards, fair guides and promotional materials
- 1.1 million shares from community partnerships (newsletter inclusions and social media shares from organizations in the arts community)
- NFP Google search ads & online listings
- Partnerships with ambassadors and influencers
How much does it cost?
There is no application fee for Community Booths.
Onsite Booth & Online Fair*
10x10' Booth: $1,750
10x20' Booth: $3,000
Online Fair ONLY
- A dedicated booth space in our Community Booth Zone at Nathan Phillips Square
- Equipment Rental for 3 days (Tent, walls, chairs, table and hanging grids)
- Logo recognition in our Community Program
- Location highlighted in on-site program
- All participation fees for in-person Fair at Nathan Phillips Square include online platform fee.
- Listing of 25 artworks for sale/view on TOAF’s proven E-commerce and Discovery Platform during the 10-Day Online Fair**
- One-year organization profile on TOAF’s dynamic and high-traffic website (60,000 unique website visitors + 1.1 million annual page views)
- Showcase opportunities and inclusion in artists highlights, curated collections and more
**10% - 15% of online artwork sales will go towards TOAF administration and payment processing costs. Artworks sales are active until December.
Participation and booth fees are collected upon acceptance in April. For more information and a detailed budget breakdown review What Does it Cost?
What to submit?
Submit all materials as a single PDF to [email protected]
Proposals must include:
- Mission and mandate of your organization/group (max. 300 words)
- Statement of Intent/Curatorial Vision: How this opportunity is a fit for your organization, how it will advance your mandate or benefit your members (max. 750 words)
- A booth image/visual representation of your proposed installation at the Fair (If applying for in-person)
- Full names, website URLs and one image for each artist who intends to participate in your booth (6-11 artists)*. Ensure each image is captioned with dimensions, medium and name of the artist
- Contact information for the organization’s representative
*You can only put forward names of artist members who do not plan to apply as individual artists for the 61st Toronto Outdoor Art Fair in 2022.
"Toronto Potters, both as an organization, and as a group of individuals, gained much from the experience as a Community Booth participating in TOAF Online. TOAF eased us into a new online experience, helping both in setting up our page and in publicizing the event. TOAF turned on a dime to respond to a community need and built a suite of programs to showcase and promote their arts event to its wide audience of supporters… Toronto Potters has found TOAF a successful promotional platform to introduce benefits of membership to both students and newcomers because of its wide following."
- Susan Card, Toronto Potters Member
COVID-19 Safety Measures
The TOAF team cares about the health and safety of our artists and the public we serve. We are hopeful to return to a smaller in-person, physically-distanced event by July 2022, following the safety guidelines provided by Toronto Public Health and the Province of Ontario.
In the event that the in-person event is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Online Fair will continue regardless. Despite the challenges of the pandemic, our dedicated community of patrons, community partners, art lovers continue to support the Online Fair, creating a viable platform that we plan to build upon for 2022 and aid in artists’ financial recovery.