Toronto Potters community booth, July 2017 - Photo by Tiffany Zhan
Call for Nonprofit and Artist-Run Galleries
July 10-12, 2020 at Nathan Phillips Square
Accepting Community Booth applications until March 20, 2020
Be part of Canada’s leading contemporary outdoor art fair! Toronto Outdoor Art Fair invites visual arts and fine craft collectives, nonprofit galleries and artist-run centres from across Canada to submit proposals to exhibit and sell the works of their artist members. Showcase and promote your mission and reach out to a new audience of 130,000 visitors in a limited number of community booths alongside over 360 individual artists during the 59th edition of the Fair.
Many organizations have taken advantage of this opportunity to showcase their membership and promote their mission including: Propeller Centre for the Arts, Toronto Potters, Scarborough Arts and Creative Works Studio.
"2018 was the first time Scarborough Arts presented artists at TOAF. The event aligns with our strategic priority to increase the profile of our organization and the profile of our artists and members. These goals were achieved through the community booth program. We had hundreds of visitors, made important connections, introduced our artists to key Toronto cultural leaders, and were able to offer an accessible entry point for artists to sell their work and grow their audiences."
- Monica Gutierrez, Development and Partnership Manager, Scarborough Arts
"Being a part of the Toronto Outdoor Art Fair allowed Creative Works Studio members a chance to expand their awareness of who they are as artists as well as expose them to professional, working artists. Being in a large art show like TOAF also lets the public know about Creative Works Studio as a potential resource, and as a charity that they could support. It was interesting to see all walks of life, as well as being able to meet other great artists and seeing their work."
- Bernadette Wycks, Creative Works Studio Lead, Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes Toronto
Who is eligible?
- Artist Collectives
- Artist Run Centres and Galleries
- Visual Arts Nonprofits
- Visual Arts Guilds and Groups
Why participate in TOAF?
Grow your network: TOAF is the best attended art fair in Canada, with 130,000 visitors and 360+ fellow juried artists and makers over one weekend. Engage with the public and meet face-to-face with fellow art-lovers & buyers, artists, and the arts community at large.
Retain 100% of sales: Sales made at your Community Booth are yours. TOAF visitors spend over $2 million buying art over the weekend, with even more spent post-Fair.
Don’t break the bank: We believe that arts organizations should have access to budget-friendly booth packages. As a charitable organization run by artists for artists, TOAF strives to be the most affordable art fair of this size and calibre in North America.
What We Offer:
- On-site Presence: TOAF provides your tent, walls and grids within your dedicated booth space in our Community Booth Zone, logo recognition and location marker in our Fair Guide (10k copies distributed), and recognition on relevant on-site signage
- Ongoing professional support: Online profile and year-round exposure on our website, dedicated professional and dynamic staff to help you problem-solve from the application process to Fair time, Booth Camp (workshop session with industry experts) and an Artist Handbook (an outdoor art fair survival guide).
- Onsite resources & support: A team of 200 volunteers to assist you over the weekend and professional, secure onsite artwork storage (limited spots available and at additional cost), discounted rates on hotel accommodations, overnight parking and custom framing
- A successful & comprehensive marketing campaign: Benefit from our multi-platform national marketing and promotions, which garnered 69 million media impressions from 2019’s campaign. We also offer Artist Spotlights for Artists to be spotlighted social media audience of over 19K followers!
- A vibrant community: TOAF is dedicated to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all of our artists and makers, with a focus on accessibility and special initiatives for artists in priority groups.
- And more!
Booth Fees: $2,500 for 10’ x 20’ space, $1,250 for 10’ x 10’ space
Fees are inclusive of full three days of TOAF59. There is no fee to submit a proposal. Fees are due upon acceptance by the jury.
What does the fee cover?
- A dedicated booth space in our community booth zone
- Tent, walls and grids
- Logo recognition in our Community Program
- Location highlighted in on-site program (10,000 copies)
- There are secure on-site storage units available first-come, first-serve at an additional cost.
How to Apply
Proposals must include:
- Mission and mandate of your organization/group (max. 300 words)
- Statement of Intent/Curatorial Vision (addressing how this opportunity is a fit for your organization, how it will advance your mandate or benefit your members (max. 750 words)
- A booth image/visual representation of your proposed installation at the Fair
- Full names, website URLs and one image for each artist who intends to participate in your booth (6-11 artists). You may only include names of artist members who do not plan to apply as individual artists for the 59th Toronto Outdoor Art Fair. Please ensure each image is captioned with dimensions, medium and name of the artist.
- Organization’s main contact person, their name and contact information
*You can only put forward names of artist members who do not plan to apply as individual artists for the 59th Toronto Outdoor Art Fair in 2020.
Submit all materials as a single PDF to [email protected] by March 20, 2020 @ 11:59 PM EST. We look forward to receiving your proposals!
Contact us at [email protected] or 416 408 2754.