Toronto Potters community booth, July 2017 - Photo by Tiffany Zhan
Call for Nonprofit and Artist-Run Galleries
Sign up for our newsletter to know when we are accepting applications from nonprofits in 2020.
We have created a unique opportunity for artist collectives, nonprofit & artist-run centres and galleries to showcase or sell their members work, promote their mission and reach out to new audiences at the 58th Toronto Outdoor Art Fair July 12-14, 2019.
By participating at TOAF, you will access an unprecedented level of visibility and public exposure at one the best-attended art fair in the city, in the heart of downtown toronto.
“2018 was the first time Scarborough Arts presented artists at TOAF. The event aligns with our strategic priority to increase the profile of our organization and the profile of our artists and members. These goals were achieved through the community booth program. We had hundreds of visitors, made important connections, introduced our artists to key Toronto cultural leaders, and were able to offer an accessible entry point for artist to sell their work and grow their audiences. The 6 artists that participated had amazing feedback to give and were glad to support each other through a very busy and intense 3 days. TOAF supported our process and set up as a first-time participant to the festival, and were there to help or clarify every step of the way.”
- Monica Gutierrez, Development and Partnership Manager, Scarborough Arts
Who is eligible?
Artist Run Centres and Galleries
Visual Arts Nonprofits
Visual Arts Guilds and Groups
What to submit?
- Mission and mandate of your organization/group (300 words max.)
- Statement of Intent/Curatorial Vision (addressing how this opportunity is a fit for your organization, how will it advance your mandate or benefit your members (750 words max.)
- A booth image/visual representation of your proposed installation at TOAF
- Full Names, websites and one image for each artist who intends to participate in your booth Submit 6-11 artists*. Please ensure each image is captioned with dimensions, medium and name of the artist.
- Main contact person name and contact information
*You can only put forward names of artist members who do not plan to apply as individual artists for the 58th Toronto Outdoor Art Fair in 2019.
Submit all materials as a single PDF to [email protected] by March 20, 2019
What does it cost?
$2,500 for 10’ x 20’ space + tent
$1,250 for 10’ x 10’ space + tent
Fees are due upon acceptance by the jury.
What does the fee cover?
- A dedicated booth space in our community booth zone
- Tent, walls and grids
- Logo recognition in our Community Program
- Location highlighted in on-site program (10,000 copies)
- Online profile and year-round exposure on our website (over 100,000 page views June-July)
- Booth Camp professional development session with industry experts and veteran artists to help you navigate your way through the logistics of setup as well as marketing tips on how to maximize your exposure and sales
- #TOAFtips and comprehensive Artist Handbook- your outdoor art fair survival guide, so you have all the necessary information at your fingertips
- Discounted rates on hotel accommodations, overnight parking and custom framing
- An Energetic #dollysquad team to help you load in and out over the weekend
- Dedicated professional and dynamic staff to help you problem-solve from the application process to Fair time.
There are secure on-site storage units available first-come, first-serve at an additional cost.
There is no fee to submit an application.
Contact our Artist Relations Coordinator at [email protected] or 416 408 2754.