2016 Fair - photographed by Sean Howard
Top Reasons to Exhibit With Us
We invite visual artists working in all mediums, and makers in craft & design to submit applications to Canada’s largest and longest running juried contemporary outdoor art fair. Toronto Outdoor Art Fair takes place annually on Nathan Phillips Square, attracting over 115,000 veteran and first-time art lovers and art buyers, interior designers, gallerists and curators from across Canada and abroad.
APPLY EARLY: Booth locations are designated on first-come, first serve basis. The earlier you apply, the better chance of getting your first choice zone if your application is successful.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Our art lovers spend over $2 million on buying art every year.* Sell your work directly and keep 100% of your profit!
- Showcase your work at Canada’s best attended and most visible non-for-profit art fair without breaking the bank. We have affordable booth packages to fit your budget.
- Win one of our prestigious awards. We have the largest awards program of all the art fairs in Canada. Last year we awarded $40,000 in cash and in-kind.
- Take advantage of our incredibly strong and diverse marketing and media campaigns including subway, newspaper, radio and social media ads as well as our community partnerships. Our community and allies love us and together we make sure your work is seen and recognized.
- A great chance to meet and network with a group of exceptionally talented artists, art professionals and prospective clients.
* From 2015 Economic Impact Study by Enigma Research
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
As a nonprofit art fair, we do our best to make sure you are equipped for success. We deeply care about you and strive to create meaningful connections and dialogue between you and the public at the civic centre of our city. We are well-versed in the intricacies of participating in an outdoor art fair therefore we offer these exceptional services to create a #hasslefree experience for you:
- Professional, secure and affordable onsite storage (limited spots available)
- An Energetic #dollysquad team to help you load in and out over the weekend
- Dedicated professional and dynamic staff to help you problem-solve from the application process to Exhibition time
- #artistrelief volunteers who will watch your booth when you grab your lunch
- Accessibility support for deaf artists and artists with disabilities
- Booth Camp professional development session with industry experts and veteran artists to help you navigate your way through the logistics of setup as well as marketing tips on how to maximize your exposure and sales
- #TOAFtips and comprehensive Artist Handbook- your outdoor art fair survival guide, so you have all the necessary information at your fingertips
- Discounted rates on tent rentals, hotel accommodations, overnight parking and custom framing
- Online profile and year-round exposure in our Artist Directory
- Engaging and stimulating programs including nested curated exhibitions, talks, and tours to enhance your onsite visibility
Read our application guidelines before you apply.
Read our Artist Testimonials to hear what your fellow artists say about the fair.
Have Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.