Compensation: $18/Hour, 30 hours per week
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
As the TOAF Event Coordinator, you will assist in the coordination of the online at TOAF.ca and in-person event at Nathan Phillips Square in July. In this role, you will liaise between the artist support team, artists and TOAF’s production and logistical team needs. This event showcases the works of over 300+ contemporary artists, as well as music and dance performances, art installations, food vendors and a beer garden to 130,000 visitors at Nathan Phillips Square in July 2022. TOAF is a small not-for-profit art organization delivering a major, demanding and fast-paced event with modest resources. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, autonomous and have great agility and mental flexibility. Experience working in events and communications or social media is preferred.
- Preparation of onsite information binders, info booth plans and packing or necessary materials on site
- Daily setup and teardown of Information Booths
- Under supervision of Volunteer Coordinator, ensuring that volunteers and volunteer captains are safe and successful with their roles at the fairProviding assistance and service to programming partners, artists, curators/project leads and the TOAF team
- Online Fair Support through artist profile optimization, checking search filters are working correctly, updating web pages as necessary and communicating updates with artists
- Attend key stakeholder meetings, preparing agendas and taking meeting notes with action items
- Attend in-person site visits and assistance with Fair site map and onsite logistics needs
- Become familiar with TOAF site map, website, artist services and programming
- Assisting the delivery and placement of information signage onsite
- Other duties as assigned
Due to the pandemic, some work will be completed virtually over Zoom, phone, Slack and Google Drive. We will arrange for approximately 3 days a week at the TOAF office (401 Richmond Street West, Suite 264, Toronto, ON, M5V 3A8) if safety protocols and Toronto Public Health directives allow it. The event itself will take place in-person at Nathan Phillips Square from July 15 - 17. Occasional evenings/weekends (schedule will be adjusted accordingly).
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter with two references to [email protected] Please list “Event Coordinator Application” in the subject line and ensure that your full contact details are included in your resume and/or cover letter.
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs. All applicants must meet the criteria as outlined by Canada Summer Jobs:
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide 2 work references with current contact information. We are an equal opportunity employer.
About Toronto Outdoor Art Fair
Toronto Outdoor Art Fair (TOAF) is Canada’s leading contemporary, juried, outdoor art fair. Founded in 1961, the Fair was established to put visual artists and makers in direct contact with the public and nurture artistic excellence and entrepreneurship. For 60 years, TOAF has been instrumental in launching artists’ careers and bringing art into people’s everyday lives. This free public event has showcased 350+ visual artists and makers and attracted 130,000 visitors to Nathan Phillips Square each year. In response to the pandemic, TOAF created a highly successful and engaging online economic platform and programming. The Fair continues to connect artists and art lovers through year-long showcase, income generation and discovery opportunities for independent artists. The Toronto Outdoor Art Fair is a registered charitable nonprofit organization.
TOAF.ca | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER